Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Segment: Card of the Week

As many people know, _______ of the week is a segement which highlights a specific target for the theme of the website, blog, etc. Here at YFTP, I'll showcase cards for vintage factor, use in todays meta, and overall coolness.

To start off this segment, we're going back to the dawn of Yu-Gi-Oh! Everyone had this card, and it was one of the best, but its printing is discontinued except for the usual throwback sets Konami throws at us. The legendary, relentless, awesome, first mascot for a TCG set, BLUE-EYES WHITE DRAGON!!!!!!!

Yes we all know Seto Kaiba used this card in all of his anime and manga appearances, but this card was the nuts. If you didn't have this, you didn't have a shot to win. The most powerful monster of its time, old Blue-Eyes boasted 3000 ATK and 2500 DEF, easily running over Yugi's Dark Magician. I give this card props because it is vintage and overall awesome. I also have sentimental attachment to it because it was my first card, given to me by a dear friend many years ago. It's what got me started in Yu-Gi-Oh! and was always with me at my locals as for good luck. I no longer possess it due it being stolen along with my entire deck, at a YCS event. I dearly miss it, and I hope one day to get another one. But the rest of you guys just remember the card for other reasons. Anyways, I also felt that since this is the first installment of this segement, I should start with the very first Yu-Gi-Oh! mascot for the TCG.

First Printing in Starter Deck: Kaiba
Second in: Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon, Duelist Collection Tin: Kaiba, and Starter Deck: Kaiba Evolution


Third for various promos, and reprinting in Structure Deck: Dragons Collide

Fourth for the Anniversary Pack (My Personal Favorite Re-Print)



Most current for Gold Series: Haunted Mine

Like many other cards in Yu-Gi-Oh, it went through many reprints, but I will always remember the original Starter Deck Ultra Rare print. I miss you Blue-Eyes! Hope that thief at least took care of you. :/

.

No comments:

Post a Comment